If you’re trying to duplicate a page or an article and are trying to copy a page within WordPress, Continue reading to discover how you can copy a page on WordPress in a matter of minutes.
There are many reasons to copy pages or posts. One of the most popular situations is that you’ve defined how your list posts ought to appear. Everyone must follow the exact format you’ve set when making a list post. It is time-consuming to create a page or post by hand each time. In this video tutorial, we will be taught how to duplicate a page within WordPress or duplicate a base for the same reason.
The easiest way to resolve this issue is to create an existing page or post and use it as an example. When you require a duplicate page, duplicate or clone this page. You can then modify this page or post as per your needs.
In this article, we will look at how to duplicate a post or page with the help of the Duplicate Post plugin.
When to duplicate the page
Before we learn how to duplicate pages in WordPress, let’s look at the reasons why you might like to copy pages in WordPress.
- You don’t want to duplicate the page or post structure each time you need to publish a new piece of content.
- You’d like to keep the layout but would like to switch images and content.
How do I duplicate a page within WordPress?
Another plugin that allows you to duplicate pages in WordPress can be The Duplicate Page Plugin. It is extremely popular, with one million downloads. The plugin works from the beginning and provides a wide range of options to duplicate the content of the page and other settings for the page.
- Install and download the WordPress Duplicate Page plugin.
- Then go to Pages> > All Pages and hover over your pages. You’ll find the new choice (Duplicate this).
- To duplicate your webpage To duplicate your page, click on the “Duplicate this” link.
- After you click on that button, a brand new version of this page will be made and will be in draft mode. You will be directed to it.
- You can change the content on the page and then publish the duplicate page at any time you wish.
When the page is duplicated, you may be redirected to the original page editor. To alter the settings to ensure that you’re redirected to the Gutenberg page editor, Go to the plugin settings page and then select”The “Gutenberg” option for the “Choose Editor” option.
How do I duplicate a post on WordPress?
Copy these actions to create a page or a post and even create a customized type of post.
- Install and download and install the WordPress Duplicate Post plugin.
- Go to Posts > all Posts and then hover over the post. You’ll see two new options added (Clone and New Draft).
- To duplicate a post, click ” Clone” to copy the command.
- The quoted post has the same title as a draft.
- You can now alter the content or make use of it according to your needs.
Additional Settings (Optional)
To make it easier to identify the page or post that is cloned, add a suffix or an additional prefix in the name of the copied post.
Take these steps in order to insert the desired word prior to the post’s title or position.
- Go to Settings -> Duplicate Post
- Scroll down until you reach “Title Prefix.”
- What you type in this field will be included before each copy of the post.
- Select “Save Changes” to save the settings.
Other WordPress duplicate pages, posts, or CPT plugins.
- Duplicate Page, Post, and any Custom Post Duplicate PP is an easy-to-use plugin that lets you duplicate any POST, Page, and custom POST TYPE easily.
- WebP Page Clone Clone Page or Post with its contents and settings with just a single click.
- Duplicate Page Menu and Custom Post Type: The most effective plugin for duplicating a post menu, page, and a custom post type many times with a single click.
- Duplicate Post and Page Duplicate post Duplicate page and same custom page or clone and the cloned post.
Be aware of SEO when you duplicate material:
Once you’ve learned what you can do to duplicate your page within WordPress, you must be aware that while it’s efficient to quote a page or a post, be careful when copying your content. If you do not remove the copied content from the new page, Google will consider it as duplicate content. Check to ensure that there aren’t different content that is identical on your site.