Are you having problems with your hosting provider and want to change to a new one? Do moving your site to a new host seem too complicated?
There’s no reason to be concerned, but site transfers can prove complicated. As well as the risk involved in the process could make it a challenging job.
WordPress migrations are frequently reported to fail. It is possible to lose information, broken pages, URLs that need to be corrected, and downtimes, which could negatively impact your business and revenue collection.
However, moving your WordPress site is manageable with the most effective WordPress migration software.
There are a variety of WordPress software for migration to pick from. However, most of you will likely be pressed for time, and trying all the options will take time and effort. But we’ve been attempting the top WordPress tool for migration and discovered their strengths and flaws.
In light of their efficiency, we chose the most effective WordPress plugins for migration, which you can use to move your site.
Best WordPress Migration Plugins to Move Your Site Safely
If you’re looking for the most effective WP migration plugin, You’ll find the answer in this listing of the top WordPress migration plugins discussed below. Please get to the bottom of it for more information.
BlogVault is a well-known brand for backups and migration. It’s the most efficient and fastest WordPress migration tool available. Since its inception, the plugin has assisted with moving websites for over a decade; this plugin has been involved in more than one million successful WordPress migrations.
- Fail-proof & Faster Migrations
- Complete Website Migration
- Automatic URL Rewrites
- Super Easy 1-Click Full Site Migrations
- Complete WordPress Site Backup
- Zero downtime: Host compatibility issues are one of the many reasons migration fails. BlogVault’s WordPress migration plugin is compatible with more than 10,000 hosting providers, which means you are assured that your website migration will not die, nor will you have any downtime.
- Complete Website Migration, Another reason for migration is when plugins cannot migrate the site entirely. BlogVault assures that it’s transferring all files and databases (including the non-WordPress website data) in one go.
- Supports large websites: The migration of large websites is a difficult task and susceptible to failure. BlogVault can effortlessly migrate websites that are a size of 330GB or more without sweating. The plugin is also compatible with WooCommerce as well as multisite.
- Automated URL Rewrites If you’ve moved to a new URL, it is essential to ensure that all URLs on your site (posts pages, pages, images, etc.) are changed to the unique URL. BlogVault automatically handles this, so you don’t need to do anything.
- Beginner-friendly: WordPress migration plugins can be challenging, making the task difficult. BlogVault is highly user-friendly and doesn’t require technical skills to transfer websites. It’s a straightforward procedure that includes easy directions to follow.
- BlogVault WordPress Migration software can’t transfer a local website to one hosted on the internet.
The BlogVault WordPress Migration is $8 per site for a month. It’s important to note that, aside from the migration service, BlogVault offers daily backups, site recovery, complimentary staging, and more under the basic plan.
All-in-one WP MigrationAll-in-One WP Migration is the most well-known WordPress moving plugin listed on the list. Contrary to other plugins on the list, which offer features such as backup stage, security, and staging, The All-in-One WP Migration plugin focuses only on the part of the migration. It will export your WordPress website, which you can move and drop into another site.
- WordPress Site Migration
- WordPress Website Backup
- Overrides Host’s File Size Restrictions: All hosting providers have an upload file size limit. Most hosting providers allow uploads of only 2MB. It is a WordPress Site Transfer plugin that can help users to get around this limitation and upload more prominent websites.
- Simple to use: It comes with an interface for drag-and-drop that allows users to move their websites effortlessly.
- Numerous Extensions Through extensions, you can transfer multiple websites or connect your site to cloud storage services from third parties such as Google Drive, Dropbox, etc.
- While you can bypass upload limitations from your hosting service, the migration plugin comes with a limit on uploads, that is, 500MB. You’ll have to change to the lifetime plan for $69.
- Although it can support multisite, you’ll have to purchase an extension to complete an actual migration.
- You must pay to utilize cloud storage services such as Google Drive, Dropbox, etc.
The plugin for migration is available at no cost, but due to upload restrictions, you might need to change to the lifetime plan for $69.
- Duplicator Migration Plugin
Duplicator, BlogVault, and All-in-One WP migration are the top three WordPress migration plugins. In addition to helping a website move from one server to another, Duplicator also transfers websites from live servers to a local version.
- WordPress Migration From One Host to Another
- Migration From Live Site to Local Host
- Staging and Merging
- WordPress Website Backups
- Transfer between hosts or domains: The Duplicator WP migration plugin allows you to move between hosts and environments.
- Staging Local Website: You can download an active site and upload it to the local host environment to develop it. Also, make a staging site from the site’s local.
- Cloud Storage Option: You can upload your backups to popular third-party platforms such as Dropbox, Google Drive, and Amazon S3.
- E-mail NotificationsWhen it encounters problems while making backups or when transferring immediately, you will be informed of it.
- There are a lot of actions you must take to transfer to a new website. This can be overwhelming for a lot of people.
- The plugin depends on the live server’s resources during the migration process, which may alter your performance on the live website.
A no-cost and premium version begins at $59 a year for three websites. It is possible to migrate with only the trial version.
- UpdraftPlus Migrator
While it’s most commonly known as a WordPress Backup plugin, Updraft is also a migration service provider. The migration option is an addon, so you must buy the service separately. One of the most significant advantages of this WordPress software is the tool for a database that eliminates all references to your previous website from your databases.
- WordPress Website Migration
- Migration From Localhost to Live Site
- Automated Database Cleansing
- Migration from Localhost To Live Website: If you have built your WordPress website on a localhost server, UpdraftPlus can help you transfer it to live servers.
- Automated Database Cleaning: A WordPress site comprises two files and databases. If you’re moving your site to a new domain, typically, the database will have many references. UpdraftPlus assists you in resolving this issue.
- Unlimited Migrations When you purchase an updraft premium, you can use the UpdraftPremium Plan and transfer a total number of WordPress websites.
- To migrate a website, the site must have WordPress migration installed. WordPress move plugin on your site you want to migrate. Also, you must set up WordPress on the destination website.
Updraft Migrator is an add-on to the Updraft Backup Plugin. You can get Updraft Migrator at $30.
BackupBuddy Migration originates from the home of iThemes, which is a well-known WordPress security plugin. BackupBuddy lets you create and download backup copies of your site that can be used to transfer your website.
- WordPress Website Migration
- Migration From Localhost to Live Site
- Automatic URL Replacement
- WordPress Staging & Deployment
- Automate URL and Path Modifications: The plugin comes with a tool named ImportBuddy which allows you to change the URL, permalinks, and file paths in posts, settings, or configuration files.
- The Local Server can be deployed to the Live ServerBuild your website locally before moving from the localhost to the live server.
- Automated URL ReplacementIf your site is moving over to a different domain, BackupBuddy will replace your old URLs with the new ones within the database of your WordPress database.
- WordPress Staging and Deployment: The plugin enables users to build and connect a WordPress staging website to an existing site.
- The plugin has a learning curve that can be lengthy and frustrating.
BackupBuddy can be a paid extension that starts at $80 for one site for a year. It is important to note that with the price of $80, in addition to the migration option, BackupBuddy also offers backup services.
- WP Migrate DB
Like All-In-One Migration, MigrateDB was designed to focus on WordPress migration explicitly. This WordPress transfer plugin provides several advanced options, making it an excellent choice for developers. It is important to note that the version for free can transfer just the databases. However, the premium version will migrate the entire site (files and database).
- Push & Pull Databases From Live to Local (vice-versa)
- Backup Database Before & After Migration
- Finds & Replaces Serialized Data Smoothly
- Migration from Multiple Sites to One The WP migration DB plugin enables you to create a subsite within the multisite to one site. It also allows you to migrate a single location from a multisite.
- Tables for Customizing Migration: You can choose the tables you want to move to your new site and which ones you’d like to leave out.
- Many add-ons available: In the case of the trial version that does not migrate your database, you’ll require the FTP client. However, there’s a way around this. You can use the Media Files Addon, which transfers themes and plugins between two WordPress installations without needing an FTP.
- The plugin is only able to migrate your database to your site. If you wish to migrate your entire website with this plugin, upgrading to the professional version is necessary.
WP Migrate DB is available for $99 per site for a year.
- Super Backup & Clone – Migrate for WordPress
Super Backup & Clone Super Backup and Clone is the plugin listed that isn’t available on the WordPress repository. It is available for purchase via CodeCanyon, a reputable WordPress marketplace. The most obvious thing to notice when installed on your site is its stunning, easy-to-follow interface.
- Instant WordPress Migration
- Import From Multiple Destination
- Multisite Migrations
- Multisite to MultiSite
- MultiSite to Single Site
- Single Site to MultiSite
- Custom MigrationWhen moving one system to the next, you may drag the entire installation or decide what you wish to transfer and what you’d like to leave to remain.
- Multiple Destination This plugin lets you import backups of various sources like Dropbox, Amazon S3, Google Drive, Local Site, and more.
- Multisite Migrations Super Backup and Clone lets you migrate between multiple sites. Moving one of your subsites from a multisite environment into one place is also possible. You can also reverse the process and migrate an individual website to a multisite.
- The plugin does not come with a free version, so you must buy it to transfer your website.
Super Backup and Clone is priced at just $35 per location.
While primarily a backup tool, BackupGuard is a WordPress plugin that can move sites. It has an easy-to-use interface, making it less complicated than other tools, and is suitable for those new to the field.
- Fast WordPress Files & Database Migration
- Support All Hosting Providers
- Redirects Website URL
- Changes Serialized Data
- Custom Tables Migration BackupGuard Migration lets you choose the tables you wish to transfer and which you do not want to migrate.
- Supports three kinds of migration: It can help transfer files from a locally-hosted server on a live server from a subdirectory into the root directory, from one domain to another, or from one hosting to the next.
- Redirects your website URL: When you move to a different domain, the old URLs are converted immediately to brand-new ones.
- Migration involves the import of files. However, the files can’t exceed 32 MB in size. To circumvent this limitation, it is necessary to connect to an area on the back end of your site and upload your WordPress files, which can be dangerous and challenging.
- There isn’t a free version of the plugin.
BackupGuard Migration costs $25 for two sites for a lifetime. In addition to the migration, you receive automatic backups of your website and restoration capabilities.
- Clone by WP Academy
The clone was down for quite a while before they decided to raise funds through crowdfunding for the plugin. Clone is still being developed, and the developers have admitted that backups or migrations often (9 9 percent) fail because of hosting configuration issues. It is a common occurrence for massive websites.
- WordPress Website Migration
- WordPress Website Backup