Three Proven Ways to Copy a Post or Page in WordPress
It is simple to duplicate a post or page within WordPress. But, in order to select the correct method, you must know your goals and what elements must be maintained.
In all, there are three options to copy content:
- by using code
- With the assistance of with the help of Gutenberg editor;
- using an extension plugin.
Copying the Content Using Code
It’s the longest and most difficult process. However, you must be aware that the two alternatives below are not suitable for you due to one reason or another.
If you want to duplicate a page or post within WordPress, it is necessary to comply with these instructions:
- To begin, start the page or post you wish to duplicate.
- Click on the options.
- Open the HTML code editor.
- Copy the entire codes that are found in the section.
- Create an entirely new page or blog.
- Select options and open your HTML Editor for Code.
- Copy the code and paste it into your computer.
- Switch to the editor with visuals.
If you have done everything right and followed the correct procedure, you will have a duplicate of the page or blog. You can now make the necessary adjustments without worrying that it could be replicated on the page that you originally created.
Content Copying using the Gutenberg Editor
It’s the simplest, however not the most efficient method to duplicate pages or posts.
It does not need to install plugins or look for the right lines of code. Just follow these steps:
- Navigate to the post or page you wish to copy.
- Just click on three dots near the very top of this page.
- Click ” Copy all content” within the Tools section.
4. Create a new post or page.
5. Paste using “ Ctrl+V ” or right-click on an empty page field and select “ Paste. ”
Copying Content using plugins
It is necessary to install a specific plugin in order to copy any webpage or post in only a couple of clicks. Let’s take a look at some of these.
It is among the most widely used content duplicate plugins. To utilize it, you have to download and install the plugin. Once you have done this, you’ll be able to find two additional buttons beneath each page and post in the administration panel. Clone and New Draft.
To duplicate content by using them, you must:
- Click on The Pages > Posts Tab (if you’re looking to duplicate an article) (or Pages > All Pages (if you’re planning to duplicate pages).
- Choose the page or post you wish to duplicate, and then hit ” Clone.” In the end, you’ll have the exact duplicate of a website or post.
- If you’d like to edit the content, select ” New Draft.” After copying the text, an editor will pop up for you to make any changes.
- To duplicate multiple posts, visit The tab for All Pages tab, or All Posts tab or All Pages tab, then click the boxes for copies. Click ” Clone.”
The plugin duplicates your content by default, but it keeps the title texts, images, and text. However, if you want more advanced options for duplication (for example, you’d like to copy comments in text), you can alter the settings. To accomplish this, head into the Settings menu and select Duplicate Post.
On the What to copy tab, make sure you have checked all required fields, then select ” Save Changes.”
If you’d like to make changes to the copied post, then click ” New Draft.” If you’re looking to revise an older post and then publish it again, then click ” Rewrite&Republish.”
The next simple but well-known plug-in can be described as Duplicate Post and Page. It is just similar to the first one. To begin to start, download and install the plugin.
To reproduce a material:
- Log into the administrator area of the WordPress website. Follow the steps to the Post tab, which is All Posts as well as Pages and then All Pages.
- Choose the item you wish to duplicate, and then click the ” Duplicate” button beneath the page or post.
If you are looking duplicate not just your pages and posts but also, let’s say, custom types of posts and custom post types, this Duplicate Pages plugin is the one for you. After duplicated, you can publish your posts instantly or edit them, save drafts before creating copies then install and download the plugin.
To create a copy, simply follow these steps:
- Log into your WordPress administrator panel.
- Click on the Posts > All Postsor Pages > All Pagestab.
- Choose the content you wish to duplicate and click on the “Duplicate” button.
Another useful plugin to duplicate information includes Post Duplicator. It is the most impressive ability to duplicate. You can create copies of the article, page taxonomy, and custom fields using it.
To begin using this plugin, download it and upload it to the WordPress website. Then, follow these steps:
- Log into the administrator page of your WordPress website. Then, select the Posts tab, then All Postsor Pages, and select All Pages.
- Select the page or post you want to duplicate and click the ” Duplicate” button beneath the blog or web page.
Smart Manager plugin allows you to duplicate pages, posts, WooCommerce products, orders coupons, and another WordPress post type with just one click, using an Excel-like spreadsheet editor.
You can duplicate one or multiple, or all of your web-based pages, posts, or other post types within only a few minutes.
The plugin must be activated and installed. after that, follow the steps below:
- Log into the WordPress Administration panel > Smart Manager.
- Select the dashboard in the drop-down menu – Pages, Posts, or another.
- Check the checkboxes of the posts you wish to duplicate. To duplicate them all, click the checkbox for headers.
- Click on Duplicate > Selected Records.
That’s it. Additionally, you can make changes to duplicate records using the spreadsheet directly.