In this article, we’ll demonstrate four simple methods to complete the WordPress migration so that you can get your WordPress site available on the new host with minimum difficulty.
Method 1. Migrate Your WordPress Site With CPanel
Hostinger’s free migration feature is the quickest and easiest method to move an existing WordPress website to Hostinger. This feature takes charge of the entire transfer process through the panel.
For this method to work, you need to be aware that to use this method, you must know your WordPress login and password. It is also necessary to purchase a hosting plan optimized for WordPress. Then, you must note the link to log into your dashboard, which is often yourdomain.com/wp-admin.
Hostinger’s migration tool will require the username and password of the previous hosting service provider’s login page. Additionally, you’ll be required to enter the old username and password for your hosting account.
If you want to migrate your site to Hostinger, use Hostinger’s WordPress stage tool before publishing it. It allows users to create a website backup and test the modifications before it is published.
Technical Product Manager
Here’s how you can make use of hosting’s tool for migration from your CPanel
- Choose WebsiteSelect Website Transfer Site to the left of the panel.
- Click Add Request and then select to select the WordPress tab.
- In the WordPress section, choose the domain name you wish to move your website. After that, you can migrate your website with the login for your WordPress username or backup link. If you need help with what to do on the form, consult this Helpful FAQ section.
- Click Submit Request.
An alternative is to utilize the backup service of hPanel to transfer files from WordPress files. Hostinger produces backups regularly. You can use these backups to move your WordPress website to the new hosting server.
Here’s how you can download backups using Hostinger:
- Log into hPanel, and go through Files— Backups.
- If you wish to backup an already existing backup, click Backups in Files, select the backup time, and download it. However, if you’d like to save a fresh backup, click to create a new backup and Continue. Make sure to wait until the latest backup is created.
- Finally, go to Backups of files, select the backup you created, and then download it.